- ½ cup (8 tablespoons) soft butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest or 1/8 teaspoon lemon oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract, optional
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup almond flour, optional
- 1 1/2 cups Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 3.4-ounce box of instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups 35% heavy cream (un-whipped)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 1 pint fresh strawberries sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons warmed apple jelly
To make the crust: Beat together the butter, sugar, flavorings, and salt.
Whisk together the flour and almond flour (if you’re using it), and mix into the butter. The mixture will be crumbly.
Press the crust into the bottom and up sides of a 9″ to 10″ round tart pan. Use a fork to prick the dough all over. Freeze for 30 minutes (or longer), covered. Just before baking, preheat the oven to 375°F.
Bake the crust for 18 to 22 minutes, until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
Prepare the filling by adding the vanilla powder to a bowl, add cold 35% cream and vanilla and beat about 2 minutes, spread it into the cooled crust.
Top with sliced strawberries (or use any fresh fruit combination)