Great barbecues are not just about the main course, this beautiful grilled vegetable platter is a perfect partner to any meal. The fresh pop of basil and vinegar is truly enhanced with the smokey flavour of the vegetables.
you can use any combination of veggies, these are just the ones I chose to use
- 2 eggplants sliced and salted
- 2 zucchini
- 4 red peppers cored and seeded
- 1 large sweet onion
- 20 mushrooms
- quarter cauliflower chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 beet
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic
- 1 tablespoon dijon
- 3 garlic cloves minces
- salt & pepper
- slice eggplant and place in colander, sprinkle with salt and let sit 30 minutes
- place red peppers o grill and char until skin is blistered, immediately place in plastic ziploc bag to sweat, then peel when they are cool
- lightly brush remaining vegetables with olive oil and grill.
- toss warm vegetables with dressing and plate as desired.
Please follow and like us: