This delish eggplant dip is so simple to put together, you bake the eggplant in the oven and add a few other ingredients, that’s it.
- 2 small eggplants
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
1. Slice the eggplant in half and brush with olive oil. Bake in a 350 degree F (toaster) oven for 45 minutes. The eggplant should be soft once cooked.
2. Scrap out the interior flesh with a spoon and add to small food processor. Add tahini, lemon juice, garlic, chili flakes, cumin, salt, pepper, parsley and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Puree and taste or skip processor for a more rustic chunky dip. Taste and adjust seasoning. (Salt, pepper or lemon)
Just before eating, drizzle a bit more olive oil and serve with pita, crusty bread or veggies.